Capacitive voltage transformers are used to convert high transmission line voltage (up to 1200kV) to standardized low and easily measurable values, which will be used for metering, protection and control of the high voltage system. As such, the need for accurate and reliable voltage transformation is essential.
The reliability and security of Trench capacitive voltage transformers is based on over 50 years of innovation with units operating under a wide range of environmental conditions. Capacitive voltage transformers also ensure suitable electrical insulation between high voltage and low voltage measuring equipment and are available with accessories for PLC transmission and Power Quality measurement.
Our capacitive voltage transformers are compliant to the latest international safety standard requirements in terms of explosion-proof, insulating material multiple chopped ageing, seismic qualification and extreme temperature conditions.
The production in different Trench locations across the globe with modern manufacturing and testing capabilities ensures a long life time and reliability.
units supplied every year.
For decades Trench has been the global market leader for CVTs.
Thousands of transformers installed and in service for more than 50 years all over the world and in all environmental conditions are the best guarantee of the quality and reliability of our products.
- Complete portfolio available from 72 to 1200 kV
- Meet all lEC and ANSI metering and protection classes
- Rated primary Voltage up to 1200 kV
- Rated Secondary Voltages:
100 V, 100:1/3 V, 100:3 V, 110 V, 110:1/3 V, 110:3 V, …
- Suitable for HF coupling; possibility to fix the line trap directly on the top of CVI
- Fully type tested according to international standards. KEMA Certificates available
- Special tests are also available to meet specific customer requirements.
- Available also with options for power quality measurements.
- High fidelity of transient response and rapid damping of ferroresonance oscillations.
- Constant accuracy in all service conditions.
- Oil/pp and/or paper internal insulation
- External insulation with porcelain or composite insulator
- External parts made of aluminum or stainless materials
- Sealed & Robust Construction
- Easy Customization to match all specific Customer requirements
- Easy Installation without special tools required.
- High performance about seismic solicitations.
Design available to match IEC, IEEE and specific Standards
- Hermetically sealed. A suitable lnox steel bellows located in the Capacitor Divider allows the oil volume variation and keep the internal pressure equal to ambient one in every service conditions
- Bellows puncture pin available on request designed to provide for the release of internal pressure in the event of abnormal service conditions
- Optimized design to manufacturing
- Lean manufacturing concept applied to the whole supply chain
- Optimized design allows the use of reduced numbers of components.
- Automated process garantees reproducible quality in manufacturing of condensers
- Modular capacitor dividers and EMUs with optimized design allows an easy customization of the product ensuring short delivery times.
- Maintenance free during a lang lifetime of more than 30 years
- Trench Management System has been certified to ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 standards